Ad Blocker Tespit Edildi
Websitemizden sizlere daha iyi ve daha hızlı bir yayın yapabilmemiz için sunucu masraflarımızı reklam ile karşılıyoruz. Lütfen Ad Blocker eklentisini kaldırarak sitemizde geziniz.
Special to different models “Diesel or petrol?” in this part of our writing, we have Skoda’s C Segment Sedan model Octavia …
Let’s first look at the factory technical data of the Skoda Octavia 1.2TSI, 1.0TSI and 1.6 TDI models;
- Octavia 1.0TSi- 1.0l turbo-petrol 3 cylinder 115ps, DSG automatic – 200nm, 1225kg
- Factory data average consumption: 4.8lt / 100km
- 0-100km / h acceleration: 10.0 sec
- Maximum speed: 200km / hour
- Octavia 1.2TSi- 1.2l turbo-petrol 4 cylinder 105ps, DSG automatic – 175nm, 1270kg
- Factory data average consumption: 4.9lt / 100km
- 0-100 km / h acceleration: 10.8 sec
- Maximum speed: 192 km / h
- Octavia 1.6TDi – 1.6l turbo-diesel 4 cylinder 115ps, DSG automatic – 250nm, 1320kg
- Factory data average consumption: 3.9lt / 100km
- 0-100 km / h acceleration: 10.2 s
- Maximum speed: 202km / h
How did we calculate the actual average fuel consumption value?
The consumption value of each 2 (1.2TSI-1.6TDI) engine on paper is quite low, but the situation is different than it appears on other brands. We obtained the actual consumption values of the vehicles by asking our followers who have this car from our social media accounts.
Does gasoline or diesel engine last longer?
We obtained over 10 different values for both types of engines, but we took into account the values of our followers, who can only say average consumption values, in order to get a healthy result. As a result, we found average fuel consumption for different engine options.
The true average consumption values obtained according to the data obtained by our subscribers are as follows;
- Skoda Octavia 1.0TSi 115ps average consumption: 6.2lt / 100km (29% more than factory consumption)
- Skoda Octavia 1.6TDi 115ps average consumption: 5.1lt / 100km (31% more than factory consumption)
How was the vehicle price of 0km in 2014 determined?
Based on Skoda Octavia’s price list dated January 2014, we will consider a period of about 3 years and the difference in consumption will be clearer. However, since the 1.0lt engine is among the options starting from 2017, we will try to determine 1.0TSi zero km and the 2nd price difference by using 1.2TSi option.
- January 2014: Skoda Octavia 1.2TSi 105ps – DSG: 61.400TL – Optimal hardware
- November 2017: 99,900TL (updated list price) (1.0TSI-DSG-Optimal)
- 2nd 014 January: Skoda Octavia 1.6TDi 105ps – DSG: 71,900TL – Optimal hardware
- 2017 November : 115ps – 118,600TL (updated list price)
How was the average annual fuel prices calculated?
After we determine the average fuel consumption of both vehicles, we also need fuel prices to be used in the cost calculation. But for this, we need the average fuel price in the 3 years that the vehicle is used. Although these prices sometimes increase or sometimes decline, or when the fuel is used, we think that the most reasonable method is to take the 3-year average.
Is diesel or gasoline a dirtier fuel?
How was the 2nd hand value of the vehicles calculated?
We searched the 2el values of each of the 2 vehicles at sahibinden.com and analyzed the 2014 model Skoda Octavia vehicles. As a result, we found only 3 units of the DSG-Optimal for the 2014 model year, and 70 units of the DSG-Optimal for the DSG-70. In short, almost everyone can be said to prefer the 1.6TDI-DSG vehicle. This also applies to the years 2015 and 2016. So we can also say that Octavia sold 1.2 tsi engine. When a search is made between 2014 and 2017, 684 of the 724 vehicles for sale, ie approximately 95%, are comprised of 1.6 TDI vehicles.
The price and average of all these vehicles are as follows;
- 1.2TSI – DSG – The average of the vehicles is 74.667km and the average price is 64.967TL
- 1.6 TDI – DSG- Optimal vehicles have a mean of 98.621 km and an average price of 74.613 TL
- Skoda Octavia 1.2TSI DSG Optimal- 2014 December: 61,400TL – 2017 November: 64,967TL – Difference: 5.8%
- Skoda Octavia 1.6TDI DSG Optimal- 2014 December: 71,900TL – 2017 November: 74,613TL – Difference: 3.7%
VW 1.0lt TSI engine 1.2lt What are the differences from TSI?
Skoda Octavia 1.2TSI – 1.6TDI annual analysis
We see that the Skoda Octavia (DSG gearbox and Optimal equipment) model has been awarded for 3 years and 75.000 km (25.000 km per year) in the light of all our data obtained from our subscribers and sahibinden.com. However, if we assume that all the values we have obtained are also likely to have some margin of error and that each driver has different driving conditions and characteristics, 23.000km-28.000km As you expand it can give you a clearer idea. As a result, Skoda Octavia can easily take into account this preference if a person would prefer diesel.
However, it is worth mentioning here too;
Meanwhile, the Octavia 1.0LT TSI engine is more powerful than the 1.2TSI, and fuel consumption is about 2% lower than the factory data and consumes an average of 0.1lt / 100km less fuel. In short, this calculator can be applied almost exactly for the 1.0TSI engine.
Perhaps the most important point here is; In 2014, 58 people from 70 people who bought Skoda Octavia TDI-DSG-Optimal have caught 75.000km. So 84.3% made the right decision to choose diesel and they had an annual depreciation rate of 25.000km, and a large majority of them were too much of a winner when they were thought to have made more miles.
Other brands and models “Diesel or Gasoline?” analysis can be accessed from the links below.